Virtusphere is locomotion technology for immerse virtual reality
How it works: Virtusphere consists of a 10-foot hollow sphere, which is placed on a
special platform that allows the sphere to rotate freely in any direction according to
the user’s steps. Wearing a wireless, head-mounted
display the user is able to walk and run being immersed into virtual environment.
The movement by the user is replicated within the virtual environment. The same
hardware set can be used for different applications by changing only the software
Markets and applications for Virtusphere include but are not limited to:
• Military, counter-terrorism units, police, firefighters, security, operators of nuclear
power plants and petrochemical plants for safely training and development of practical
skills required for dangerous environments
• The video gaming industry (as the ultimate setting for immerse gaming);
• Events and shows;
• Fitness clubs and medical centers;
• Museums, education, tourism;
• Architecture walk through.